EtymologyFrom 'thermos', « warm».
- a sort of cup which can keep liquids at a desired temperature.
domestic vacuum flask
- Finnish: termospullo
- French: thermos
- German: Thermoskanne
Thermos may mean a number of things:
- A brand name (genericized in some countries) for a domestic vacuum flask.
- Thermos (Aetolia), an ancient Greek city, the capital city of the Aetolian League.
- Thermos (nuclear reactor), a project using a small nuclear reactor for the urban heating of Grenoble, France.
- "Thermos", a poem by Patti Smith from her 1978 book Babel
thermos in French: Thermos